Aug 03, 2018 · Man's legs, hands amputated after a dog's lick: 'He still loves his dog' He thought it was the flu, but a Wisconsin man actually had a life-threatening infection caused by bacteria in dog saliva. How a Lick from a Dog Led to a Man's Leg and Arm Amputations A 48-year-old man from Wisconsin recently contracted a rare blood infection that led to the amputation of his legs and parts of his.
Aug 02, 2019 · Man loses hands and feet after dog-related infection. Most people in contact with dogs and cats don't get sick, and it's rare for Capnocytophaga to cause illness . Aug 02, 2018 · Man's legs amputated after dog's licks lead to infection, family says. Updated on: But this is unusual because it was a lick," said Farber, who was not involved in the woman's case.
Jul 31, 2018 · A Wisconsin man had to have all of his limbs amputated when he contracted a rare blood infection from his pet dog’s saliva, according to a report. Greg Manteufel thought he . Jul 31, 2018 · The shocking reason that this man’s legs and hands were amputated: A dog’s saliva (iStock) By Kristine Phillips which aptly called the sepsis-causing bacteria the “lick of death.”.